CHOCOLATE PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 1 cup (120 g) Cassava Flour
- 3 scoops (1/2 cup) Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsp Maple or Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil melted and cooled
- 1 cup Dairy-Free Milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- More Coconut or Avocado Oil for cooking
Combine the milk and vinegar, stir to mix, and set aside. The milk will curdle a bit, this is good. We're making buttermilk.
In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients, whisk to combine evenly, and set aside.
Whisk the eggs, then whisk in the melted ghee and buttermilk. Gently stir in the dry ingredients to the milk mixture. Mix and incorporate well. It's okay if there are still some lumps. The batter will be slightly thick.
Heat a skillet over Medium heat. Add enough ghee/oil to lightly coat the skillet. Using a large cookie scoop (about 1/4 cup capacity), drop batter onto hot skillet. Using the back of the scoop, flatten out a bit to get a 4" circle.
Cook until bubbles appear and break on the surface and edges are slightly cooked (about 2-3 minutes). Gently flip the pancake and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Option : Serve warm with fresh strawberries and/or maple syrup.
Makes around12 4-inch pancakes.
(Recipes and image from Our Paleo Life)